Stationery

Setting up a digital planner in GoodNotes

27th August 2018

Since discovering digital planning at the end of June, I have been trying to fine tune my system… It hasn’t been easy – do you know how much I rely on monthly calendars, weekly planners, and daily lists? Not to mention brain-dump-type-to-do lists and writing prompts. Honestly, I am probably one of the world’s worst planners.

Paper systems just weren’t versatile enough. Printing, hole punching, and everything else just had too many restrictions (not to mention the time it took!).

I went all out for July, with stickers and washi tape (digital of course) but have scaled right back for August. I have found a few colourful designs that need next to no work and this means my August planner required little work.

Let’s run through what I have, shall we?

Dates to Remember

This is one that will move from month to month with me. I’ve got one for this year and another for 2019 with all the key dates written down. It makes life easier because I don’t have to set up months in advance.

This dates to remember printable is from DIY Home sweet Home.

Month at a Glance

This one is pretty much standard whichever planner you choose. I always tend to go for undated ones because I like being able to use them again and again.

This month at a glance printable is basic but works well. The design is by Cristyle and is available to download from behance.net.

Week at a Glance

Some say it is overkill to have monthly, weekly, and daily pages in a planner but I find it’s the only way I can get (and keep) things in order.

I found this weekly spread printable by accident (and then discovered a daily one too). It’s great as it gives the enough space to wink and isn’t too fancy.

You can find this printable and the daily planner at True Bliss Designs.

Daily Planner

Yes, I am obsessive. But breaking everything down is the way my mind works. I have lists within lists within lists.

This daily planner is fab. I love the ‘priorities’ although figuring out my three priorities can be tough. I like to have one task from each area, blog, work, and home.

The normal to-do list tends to lean more towards being a ‘want to do’ list.

I don’t really use to food areas. It isn’t necessary, and the notes section never get written in because I have enough space on the rest of the page. The water tracker though, is great.

To-Do lists, Plans, Ideas, etc.

The last few pages contain random lists) from my master-to-do list, to my redesign to do lists, brainstorming and anything else I need to write down. There’s no rhyme nor reason to most of the pages, but, ultimately it makes sense to me and that’s the way it Should be.

So, that’s my digital planner set up, now it’s time to show me yours.

DIY Home Sweet Home
    29th January 2019 at 9:01 pm

I realize this post is a few months old but thank you so much for sharing my dates to remember printable!!
    -Jamie

Rachael
    16th September 2018 at 11:36 am

Oh wow, this is really cute. I’ve never seen a digital planner before and I absolutely love it! All the cuteness of planning but perfect for people like me who have no artistic skills haha.

Melanie
    16th September 2018 at 9:43 am

This is fab!! I am super organised and I agree deffo not overkill, without reminder note I would not keep things in order and be all over the place x

Jenni
    15th September 2018 at 11:37 pm

I totally need to sort my planner out too! I have three different paper based calendars and two Google calendars. Deffo some streamlining needed!

Laura Dove
    15th September 2018 at 8:03 pm

Oh I love this! I have lists everywhere and I often think it would be easier just to have it all in one place!

MELANIE EDJOURIAN
    15th September 2018 at 5:33 pm

This is a great idea. It must help you keep pretty organised. I really should consider doing this myself. It’s better than having papers everywhere.

Stephanie
    15th September 2018 at 2:30 pm

Digital planning is something I haven’t got my head quite around yet! I have just synced mine and my husbands calendar together which has helped us both lots to know whats going on! However I still use pen and paper for my daily tasks and jobs to do. I like how simple and clear yours are

Pati Robins
    15th September 2018 at 9:03 am

wow Beth you are so organized , i am still a filofax girl , but struggling this year since the dog eat my planner ( i know it sounds as petty as dog eat my homework heheh ) – i was thinking about going digital as i be able to have an access to it and no one will eat it 😉

Anosa
    15th September 2018 at 8:02 am

To be honest, I prefer paper than everything online, if I write it down I remember, if I try I rarely remember. I am impressed though how you’re using it

lauren porter
    14th September 2018 at 10:40 am

Such a good idea to do it digitally. I have various paper planners & never use them properly as I’m always at my PC instead!