Home & Lifestyle

My Dream Home – A wishlist

6th May 2018
This is a collaborative post.

I have a dream.  A dream of a big house, set in the rolling countryside with a sweeping driveway.  Every so often I like to have a look at which houses I would buy if I ever won the lottery (it’s never actually going to happen though, because I don’t play).  However, never say never, I may one day be in a position to buy whichever house I desire.

After browsing plenty of online Estate Agents, I’ve discovered that there are a few ‘musts’ for that dream home.

6 bedrooms

We have 5 children so anything smaller would be a little pointless.  It would actually be amazing to give the children their own room.  I mean, Seren already has plans with what she would do with her own bedroom and plenty of space.

Macsen would probably fill his bedroom with puzzles.  While Garreth, would have a complete gaming station set up with multiple monitors and all the gadgets teens dream of.

At the moment Enfys and Anwen would fill theirs with nothing.

A ‘play room’ for the kids

One thing that drives me completely barmy in our home is the lack of space for the kids’ toys.  I have done the best with the space available but I would adore a space the kids could call their own play space

I would fill it with their toys and give them spaces to relax and chill.

An Office for me

I work in the lounge at the moment alongside the children playing.  Naturally, it means that I can often be seen looking over my laptop playing referee and losing my train of thought.

An office would give me somewhere I could disappear into when I have work to do.  It would make me far more productive and I would probably find myself completing tasks well ahead of schedule and quicker.

A Roof with a view

I’ve always wanted a conservatory (it’s still on my list) however, in the sprawling countryside, away from street lamps and noise a view from the roof would be incredible.

Some houses already have roof lanterns, but there are some with a dining room that would be perfect for their installation.  I would simply have a look at some trade roof lanterns and get them installed (after all, money is no object here!).

A Garden

A garden is a necessity, especially for a large house.  My dream garden would already be landscaped with areas for the kids to play, an area dedicated to entertaining with a canopy and brick barbeque, and a lovely area for lounging and relaxing.

Stables and a paddock

Okay, this one is a little bit of wishful thinking but with both Seren and Macsen loving their riding lessons, stables and a paddock (complete with ponies) would be a dream come true.  However, I wouldn’t be in charge of looking after those.

We’re all entitled to dream aren’t we? I would say that the odd bit of dreaming is natural.  Doesn’t everything sound fantastic?

Do you ever spend time dreaming about the perfect house if you were to win the lottery?  If so, what is a must have for you?

You Might Also Like...

madeeha
    10th May 2018 at 11:09 pm

Conservatory and a separate place for work are on my wishlist too in my dream home. One day our dreams will come true 🙂

Anosa
    10th May 2018 at 6:20 am

I think everyone is allowed to dream and you never know, this might manifest itself. I know I want a proper home office and play room for the kids when I buy my own home.

Linda Hobbis
    9th May 2018 at 8:30 pm

I agree with you about the stable but I’d also add a huge library with a roaring fire and a big leather arm chair to read in – just for me.

Angela Ricardo Bethea
    9th May 2018 at 3:46 pm

Oh, you have a great dream house wishlist. I have a one dream wish is to have a beautiful garden.

Kara
    9th May 2018 at 2:21 pm

Like you I would love a bigger house (much bigger) – now two of the kids have left home I only need a 5 bedroom and I would love a seperate play room. My other dream would be to have off-road parking and a real fire (or log burner)

Laura Dove
    9th May 2018 at 1:49 pm

I would love to have a gym and a pool, it’s my dream for the future, hah! My kids would also love to have stables for the horses they dream of having!

Lauretta at Home and Horizon
    9th May 2018 at 1:18 pm

Ah, such a good list of what someone wants in a home. I would certainly love a roof with a view!

Yeah Lifestyle
    9th May 2018 at 9:51 am

Your dream house sounds amazing! 6 bedrooms, stables and paddock and a playroom for kids which they would totally enjoy…it does sound wonderful! I do hope you get your dream house soon.

Nichola - Globalmouse
    8th May 2018 at 3:32 pm

I love the idea of having my own office. One day, I keep telling myself!

Lynne Harper
    8th May 2018 at 11:25 am

Your ideal space is exactly what mine would be, i can dream cant it ha. I love space and an office would be high on my list as well, my own space to create without distraction 🙂

nicol
    8th May 2018 at 10:59 am

the two things i really want in a house is a garden and an oven. i had lived in a flat back in the uk and didnt have either

Fritha Quinn
    8th May 2018 at 10:38 am

We are currently buying a new place and for me the thing I want the most is a big kitchen, our current one is so dark and small I want light and space!

Ana De- Jesus
    8th May 2018 at 12:01 am

I do hope that you are able to get your dream home with your own office and stables. My dream home would definitely involve a swimming pool for sure!

Rhian Westbury
    7th May 2018 at 8:46 pm

I’d love to have my own gym and pool so I could work out at home and a nice light airy office alongside a walk in wardrobe for our bedroom x

Alice Megan
    7th May 2018 at 2:25 pm

I’m currently in the process of buying a house, not quite my dream home but it will be my first home and I can’t wait!

Kelly
    7th May 2018 at 11:44 am

Wow, your kids have such beautiful and interesting names…would be great when they get their own rooms!