Just Me

Day Zero Project – March Update

25th March 2018

It’s already the last Sunday in March… how did that happen? I honestly can’t believe how quickly this year is going.  Today, though, I’m focusing on my Day Zero Project.  The challenge I set myself to achieve 101 goals in 1001 days.  You can find out more about my goals in my first Day Zero Project post

I’m 137 days into my challenge which means we’re almost 14% of the way through.  Let’s have a look at my progress so far.

Goals Completed

9 Declutter the toys.
27 Narrow down categories and tags on the blog.
36 Open a regular saver account
41 Get any credit card balances onto interest free balance transfer cards.
44 Switch internet providers if there is a cheaper option.
61 Walk the coastal path.
78 Write list for 101 in 1001.
95 Build a snowman with the kids.

Goals started but not yet completed

1 Cook 52 new recipes (3/52)
2 Stick to a cleaning schedule.
17 Write consistently.
19 Monetise my blog.
23 Improve my newsletter.
24 Develop my niche.
25 Grow my following on social media.
26 Update my challenge progress at least once a month.
28 Delete irrelevant content from the site.
29 Check for broken links at least once a month.
31 Keep up the #FeelGoodLinky.
32 Pay 75% of our debt.
33 Save for a big family holiday.
35 Put £10 away for each goal completed.  (£80/£1010)
40 Improve my credit score.
45 Put an extra £50 a month towards debt.
53 Have 52 days out with the kids.  (3/52)
64 Lose 3st. (6lb/42lb lost)
66 Read 52 books.  (22/52)
67 Watch 52 different movies.  (6/52)
70 Have a hernia repair.  (Expected around September 2018)
75 Complete 101 in 1001. (8/101)
83 Play a board game at least once a month for the duration. (1/32)
89 Create and edit more videos with Garreth.
90 Sing songs with Enfys and Anwen every day.
92 Surprise the kids at least once a month (3/3)
97 Complete 52 random acts of kindness. (3/52)

Goals I have decided to change

30 Pay someone to redesign my blog.  I decided to scrap this one because I love how Beth in a Box looks at the moment.  Instead, I’ve decided to change it to:

30  Research and switch hosting providers.

I am quite excited about the next month.

Are you taking part in any challenges this year?  If so, how are you getting on?

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl
    30th March 2018 at 12:14 pm

This is amazing, you’re so on the ball! I wish I had as much get up and go as you. I love setting goals and it’s a great feeling when you achieve them.

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

2nd April 2018 at 7:45 pm

Thank you Jordanne, I tried to set goals I knew I would be able to achieve. Otherwise, I end up completely unmotivated.

Wendy
    30th March 2018 at 9:51 am

This is a great idea! You’re doing really well so far, I need to motivate myself to do something like this as we have about a million things that need doing. Good luck with the rest of your goals xx

2nd April 2018 at 7:46 pm

Thank you. I can certainly recommend setting yourself some goals. The key is, I find, to set goals that you know you can achieve. Sure have a few that will push you but make the majority easily achievable.

the frenchie mummy
    29th March 2018 at 10:42 am

wow you are so organised and on track with so much! Maybe I need to do something like that and it will certainly help me to be more productive.

2nd April 2018 at 7:47 pm

I am trying to be productive, it’s hard a lot of the time though.

Tracy
    29th March 2018 at 9:27 am

Wow, so many challenges, now that’s impressive. I’ve never thought about doing something like this before – but as I am a terrible procrastinator, I think I really need to do it! Good luck with the 52 new recipes – give me a shout if you need any inspiration! x

2nd April 2018 at 7:48 pm

You have certainly given me plenty of inspiration. I love your blog Tracy! 😀

Ger (It's Me & Ethan)
    28th March 2018 at 10:33 pm

I think I should do this goal thing. In the evenings I do find myself thinking what have I done today ? A pre set and attainable goal list does indeed feel like a good way to shake that I’ve done nothing all day feeling ! Anyway , I have rambled , you have done amazingly well and I’ve no doubt you’ll continue that way

2nd April 2018 at 7:49 pm

It needs to be attainable… in the past I’ve made the error of setting goals to push myself further, however, I found it had the opposite effect. Definitely give goal setting a go! 🙂

Stephanie
    28th March 2018 at 9:46 pm

I need to be better at goal setting, I find I do ok at big goals but struggle with break it down into smaller goals. These are good goals and well done on ticking them off

2nd April 2018 at 7:50 pm

I think it’s important to have little goals that are easy to achieve. I get really demotivated if I don’t.

Kaz | Ickle Pickles Life and Travels
    28th March 2018 at 8:55 pm

Gosh you are doing so well with this! I haven’t any challenges or goals set yet – I really must get myself sorted out! Kaz

Rhian Westbury
    28th March 2018 at 6:44 am

That’s a lot of chalenges of this year, you’ve still managed to do quite a lot so far x

Suzy McCullough
    27th March 2018 at 9:08 pm

What a great list. Not too dissimilar to a bucket list. I love that you change some as well. Isn’t it scary where this year is going? It’s all been such bad weather as well. Good luck with your goals

Siobhan | The Baby Boat Diaries
    27th March 2018 at 9:07 pm

This is a great idea. lLoks like you have made lots of progress on your goals this month compared to last month! x

Joanne Mcdaid
    25th March 2018 at 10:00 pm

Just love your list of goals. Only hour ago I was feeling down and posted on my fb I needed to set positive goals. Sat for fee and started to read your blog and saw your goals… Absolutely love it an dim going to sit and write one for myself. Well done. And thanks for the inspiration