Home & Lifestyle

What’s for Dinner? My Weekly Meal Plan W/C 12th February 2018

12th February 2018

It’s been a whole week since last week’s meal plan… who can believe it?  I can’t, that’s for certain.

Last week, I planned:

• Roast Chicken Dinner with sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, swede mash & roast potatoes
  • Burgers & Fries
  • Sausage & Tomato Pasta Baker
  • Brinner
  • Spicy Chicken Wraps & Salad
  • Cheese & Potato Pie with Bacon and Baked Beans
  • Chicken Nuggets & Chips  (probably a veggie stir fry for me!)

Actually, looking at that list, I didn’t do too well with cooking what I planned.  I didn’t buy anything extra but it was a busy week so a lot of quick food that was already in the freezer or cupboard.

We only actually ate the roast chicken dinner, burgers & fries and chicken nuggets & chips (twice).

Instead, though, I did make chilli & rice one night… then another night we had sausage, sweet potato mash & veg.  Oh and we had gammon, egg and chips.  To be honest, I was running low on meat in my freezer which meant I didn’t have a lot of options.

However, all of that has been rectified with the arrival of my Musclefood order on Friday.  I spent most of the weekend making chicken nuggets, dicing chicken and freezing it all.

This week’s meal plan consists of food I know Anwen will be able to eat. She enjoys pretty much anything but has just recently started to enjoy my cooking.

What’s for dinner this week?

• Fry Up (leftovers from Sunday roast)
  • Brinner (well we didn’t have it last week in the end)
  • Spicy chicken wraps (again, something we didn’t have last week)
  • Beef Curry & Rice
  • Chilli Con Carne & Jacket Potatoes
  • Lasagne
  • Pork Roast with all the trimmings.

I’m actually really looking forward to this week.  I can’t wait to try Anwen with a variety of different flavours, some she’s had others she hasn’t.

What’s cooking in your house this week?

You Might Also Like...

Nazrin
    20th March 2018 at 8:32 pm

I wish I was as organised as you – I could really do with planning my meals as my eating habits are all over the place right now! A fresh curry is always cooked in my house everyday so I suppose I’m lucky to always have a hot meal once a day!

Stephanie
    14th February 2018 at 9:37 pm

Great meal plan, I love chilli with jacket potatoes such a good family dinner

15th February 2018 at 2:52 pm

It is, but the only two children who will eat it are Macsen and Anwen. The other 3 choose chicken nuggets and chips. 🙂

Ondo Lady
    14th February 2018 at 9:40 am

It all looks very tasty and not only that, quite healthy.

15th February 2018 at 2:54 pm

It is healthy really. I use extra lean meats and mostly from scratch. 🙂

Anosa Malanga
    14th February 2018 at 9:56 am

Wow great meal plan! I guess I need to do the same as well. Probably starting next month I will do this too. Seems a little time for me to figure out what brinner means, lol.

15th February 2018 at 2:53 pm

It’s definitely worth meal planning. Brinner is amazing – breakfast for dinner. yum!

Ana De- Jesus
    13th February 2018 at 11:39 pm

Who doesn’t love a good brinner, especially if it has poached eggs and avocados I live for that! Hope you enjoy your delicious meals this week!

15th February 2018 at 2:56 pm

Oooh, I’m not a lover of poached eggs. Fried or scrambled for me. 🙂

Cath - BattleMum
    13th February 2018 at 2:23 pm

Sounds like a good plan. I don’t meal plan, but we’re having chicken curry tonight and chilli tomorrow, both homemade x

15th February 2018 at 2:50 pm

Oh yum… I love chicken curry. We had our chilli last night and have enough left over to make fajitas tonight. 😀

Sim @ Travel Guide Blog
    13th February 2018 at 11:48 am

This sounds like a fantastic meal plan and I do love your lasanga, shame I am not down there to enjoy with you! I really should get on with writing a post on a keto meal plan for the week! Sim x

13th February 2018 at 1:00 pm

I would offer to send some up, but I dread to think what it would look like. Haha!

Kirsty
    13th February 2018 at 10:45 am

I like the idea of spicy chicken wraps. We have lime and chilli fajitas on the plan for next week which I am relaly looking forward to.

13th February 2018 at 1:01 pm

Oooh, the lime and chilli fajitas sound amazing! I’d love to try them. 🙂

Siobhan
    13th February 2018 at 7:53 am

I love some of your ideas! What’s brinner? I’ve just started trying to do some sort of meal plan so we can add some variety into our meal times! X #bloggerclubuk

13th February 2018 at 1:02 pm

Brinner is breakfast for dinner. It’s just a full english! 😀 I have to meal plan otherwise we’d end up with chips every day.