Home & Family

Oooh, what’s for dinner in our house? W/C 19/2/18

19th February 2018

Another Monday, another meal plan.  I probably should explain that my meal plans run from Saturday to Saturday so the roast is always going to be yesterday’s dinner.

This week I’d made a great meal plan which consisted of an easy Sausage Sunday Dinner but when I ordered my shopping the beef joints were half price at £5 a kg.  So I bought 2 big 2kg joints and we’re having that for dinner instead.  The other is going in the freezer for future.

How did I do on last week’s meal plan?

Fry Up (leftovers from Sunday roast)
Brinner (well we didn’t have it last week in the end)
Spicy chicken wraps (again, something we didn’t have last week)
Beef Curry & Rice
Chilli Con Carne & Jacket Potatoes
Lasagne
Pork Roast with all the trimmings.

We ate the fry up, chilli, lasagne and pork roast.  But the others I really didn’t fancy.  We had a few quick meals to be honest.  I had a rotten week with a teething baby.

This week I am planning to cook:

Beef Hotpot

Burgers & Fries

Gammon with baby potatoes & Salad

Beef Roast with all the trimmings

Mince & Tatties

Chicken Chasseur

Fry Up (Sunday’s leftovers)

I’m quite looking forward to trying a few new things… and I haven’t had hotpot in ages.

So that’s dinner in our house.  What’s for dinner in your house this week?

the frenchie mummy
    22nd February 2018 at 8:40 am

even when I tried to meal planned it never ends up right. I always change it at the last minute lol

Jenni
    22nd February 2018 at 8:20 am

Ooh, I love a peek at other people’s meal planning, Sounds like a yummy two weeks!

Rachel
    21st February 2018 at 8:24 pm

I love the idea of planning my weekly meals ahead but it never quite turns out right when I try and plan them. Love the richness in your food. I had gammon for the first time in a while the other day and it was yum!

Michelle Kellogg
    21st February 2018 at 2:22 pm

I admire your weekly meal planning. I am not that organized plus, I am not a fan of cooking so I make whatever is handy that the kids will eat but your willingness to put all this together for you family is very admirable:)

Cath - BattleMum
    21st February 2018 at 1:52 pm

It all sounds yummy. We had chicken chasseur recently for the first time in ages and our son wolfed it down!

Ondo Lady
    21st February 2018 at 11:44 am

I love a Sunday Roast and there is nothing better than leftover dinner. For some reason it always tastes a lot better.

Rhian Westbury
    21st February 2018 at 6:45 am

Sounds like a great menu for next week. It’s a shame that you didn’t stick to last weeks but sometimes you just can’t be asked to cook x

Laura Dove
    20th February 2018 at 10:00 pm

Roast pork is always a good choice in our house! We also love curry, although the kids prefer chicken. We have a lot of chilli too!

Jenny
    20th February 2018 at 9:29 pm

Everything sounds delicious! I’m getting better at sticking to a meal plan. We had a lovely prawn stirfry tonight that was a bit different to what we would usually have.

Tracy
    20th February 2018 at 9:27 pm

Roast beef sounds divine. We stopped having Sunday roasts many years ago – you kind of get out of the habit when you live abroad – but I really miss them. We have chicken roast every now and again during the week but it’s not the same. However, burgers we have almost every “fry-day” 🙂

Rachael
    20th February 2018 at 6:30 pm

This sounds like a winning menu that my other half would like. I do love meal plans, as a vegetarian, I often find we’re eating the same things over and over again and even looking at meat-eater’s plans often gives me inspiration. Hope you enjoy your dinners this week!

Kirsty
    20th February 2018 at 1:38 pm

I wish i had more freezer space to get bigger mean joints. I like the idea of a hot pot, we haven’t had one in ages either.

23rd February 2018 at 8:28 pm

I bought a chest freezer for the very reason of buying meat in bulk. It’s worked out brilliantly. As the month goes on the freezer becomes emptier. 🙂

Sim @ Simslife.co.uk
    20th February 2018 at 1:51 pm

I totally picked up a half price beef joint in Tesco the other day too 🙂 You guys enjoy xx Sim

23rd February 2018 at 8:28 pm

We did enjoy it Sim…. and I’m looking forward to the other one soon. 😀

Epiphannie
    20th February 2018 at 10:09 am

Everything sounds so yummy! I’m really loving the sound of the Beef hotpot & Beef Roast.

23rd February 2018 at 8:26 pm

I love a good beef roast! It was beautiful by the way!

Marie
    20th February 2018 at 7:50 am

All sounds good to me Beth. And now I’m very hungry! Enjoy!

23rd February 2018 at 8:26 pm

We’ve enjoyed most of what I had planned already! Fingers crossed we enjoy what’s left over the coming week.

Kim Carberry
    19th February 2018 at 7:46 pm

Everything sounds lovely! I keep meaning to put Gammon on our meal plan but I never get around to it. Next week! x

19th February 2018 at 9:29 pm

I say next week for a lot of things. I then seem to forget all about it. Haha!

Ann
    19th February 2018 at 12:22 pm

Sounds lovely Beth were having beef curry and rice today currently in oven slow cooking what are we having tomorrow? Who knows perhaps lamb rissoles yesterday’s left over roast.

19th February 2018 at 9:30 pm

Did you enjoy your beef with your pea curry tonight, Mam? You had lamb? Why wasn’t I informed?