For the 11th day of #Blogtober17 I’m taking you into the kitchen with me. I love to cook and I love to play around with recipes.
Italian inspired dishes are one of my favourite meals to cook. I love the colours, the texture, the taste. They are generally a hit with all the family. (Particularly the younger ones.)
This recipe is for my (mostly) homemade lasagne. I used to make my own cheesy white sauce but in recent years (particularly with 3 under 4) I have resorted to cheating and buying a yummy Dolmio white lasagne sauce. It works and saves me quite a bit of time.
I hope you enjoy.
- 700g Lean Mince Beef
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Handful of Mushrooms
- 1 Large Jar of Cheesy Dolmio Lasagne Sauce
- 2 Cartons of Garlic & Herb Passata
- Dried Lasagne Sheets
- 100g Mature Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180*.
- Fry off the onions and mushrooms in a pan.
- Add the beef mince and cook for a few minutes until brown.
- Pour in the passata and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Ladle a layer of the bolognese into a large oven tray.
- Add a layer of pasta sheets and cover with the cheesy lasagne sauce.
- Repeat the above steps until all bolognese is gone.
- Top off the lasagne with the cheese and bake in the oven until cooked.
- Serve with a side salad and enjoy.