I love tasty savoury food. I’m a sucker for a sausage roll or pasty. Unfortunately, these are not very diet friendly. My friend started slimming world a few weeks ago and she’s been making this amazing Turkey, Bacon and Egg Meatloaf. It’s SYN free.
I’ve adapted the recipe myself and it’s a hit with all the family. It works for lunch boxes, midday snacks and I’m sure, if you make a big enough one, it could be a dinner meal.
I managed to get 14 tasty slices out of mine, which works out at around 105 calories per slice. It’s certainly a tastier 105 calories than chocolate would be.
Once it’s cooked, cooled and sliced I simply store in air tight containers in the fridge. It’s good for a few days too, not that it lasts that long.
Without further ado, here is the recipe for a gorgeous snack that can be adapted to suit your needs.
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Small Onion
- 3 Mushrooms
- 500g Turkey Mince
- 10 Rashers of Back Bacon
- A sprinkle of garlic powder
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
- A sprinkle of pepper
- 1 Loaf Tin
- Boil the eggs to hard boiled and fry off the onions until soft. Then leave both to cool.
- Line the loaf tin with the bacon until covered.
- Mix the garlic powder, mixed herbs and pepper into the turkey mince until evenly spaced.
- Mix in the mushrooms and cooled fried onions.
- Using half of the mince mix, line the bottom of the loaf tin.
- Place the cooled hard boiled eggs on top of the layer of turkey mix.
- Cover the eggs with the remaining turkey mix.
- Wrap the edges of the bacon around the top and cover with any unused rashers.
- Cook in the oven on 180 for around 90 minutes. Ensure that the loaf tin is placed inside another pan in case of any spillages.
- It can be eaten warm or cold. I prefer it cooled, sliced and refrigerated to snack on when the fancy takes me.
- Play around with it and don't be afraid to add other tastes and flavours.