This is a deliciously warm and hearty casserole perfect for cold winter days!
Slow Cooker Potato & Sausage Casserole
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: Minimum of 4 hours
Serves 4 healthy appetites
WeightWatchers ProPoints per serving: 11
What you need:
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 8 half fat pork sausages
- 4 smoked streaky bacon rashers (cut into small pieces)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 400g potatoes (thinly sliced)
- ¼ teaspoon sage
- ½ pint chicken stock
- Salt & ground black pepper
How you make it:
- Heat the oil in a frying pan & brown the sausages. Set the sausages aside.
- Add the bacon to the pan and fry for a few minutes until cooked.
- Add the onion and fry until golden. Then add the garlic for around 1 minute before taking off the heat.
- Arrange half of the potato in the base of the slow cooker.
- Spoon the bacon and onion mixture on top. Season well with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the sage.
- Cover with the remaining potatoes.
- Pour the stock over the potatoes and top with the sausages.
- Cover and cook on high for around 4 hours.
- Serve with a generous helping of green beans and enjoy.
The original recipe is taken from Slow Cooking by Catherine Atkinson published by Greene&Golden.