I spoke a while ago about my new found love of ‘babywearing’. I am more in love with babywearing now than I was 6 weeks ago.
I can’t really recall the last time I used Comma’s pram. When I go shopping, I wrap him; when he is grumpy, I wrap him. When I just want to ‘do something’. I wrap him. That being said I haven’t wrapped in a few days.
There is so much I love about babywearing.
- I love being able to hold my baby close to me, comfortably.
- I love having him close and giving him a quick kiss while I’m busy washing dishes, pegging out the laundry.
- I love watching him look around at the world and take an interest. Cwtching into Mummy provides a unique viewpoint of the world.
- I love being able to comfort him but still carry on with every day activities.
- I love seeing how much he loves it and watching his body relax with each step I take.
- I love not having to think about pushing a pram.
All of these points make babywearing so special to me… but it also provides me with a means of temporarily forgetting about my PND.
We’ve become a little bit obsessed with it.
We now have 3 woven wraps, all Girasol’s. Zunil, Rainbow Springs and Enfys Mercurio Diamond Weave. They are so pretty.
Daddy wraps Comma, Princess Pants has been wrapped, Comma plays with the wraps (in fact he is playing with one as I type).
I’m currently working on back carries. I can do a loose Back Wrap Cross Carry; we tried a Ruck and I ended up wearing Eau de Baby Sick in my hair and I’m pretty sure, a perforated ear drum from the screaming.
Not only do I carry Comma, but Princess Pants carries Baby Annabelle. We’ve recently bought her a Mei Tai for Baby Annabelle and she loves it!
I’m raising the next generation to wrap a baby!